GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious what others views are on mounting my turbo on my 2006 Sierra. I have a 70mm, 1.05 exhaust t4 turbo that I plan on running on my 4.8. My goal is around 500 wheel hp, I know the supporting mods needed, just interested on everyone's views on location. Remote mount (under cab) would be the easiest due to room, under hood is were 99.9% of people go with. Goods, bads, recommendations? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
STS or squire turbo systems use to make remote mount turbo systems. i have rode in camaros, firebirds and trucks with them on there. they all ran great. you can look up those names and see what people have done.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
on big down fall with the remote " rear mount" is its out in the elements. The front mount is under the hood so it can collect heat. Im running a front mount and haven't had any issues with mine. good amount of power and really didn't take up to much room, although im running elc fans. Id do front mount again. I also heard they make more power usually and have a faster spool time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts