GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you buy another remote, heres how to program it without paying that extra 80 bucks at the dealer for them to do it.

Transmitter Programming
Start with the ignition OFF, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel. Turn ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF. Release power unlock button on the door panel. The locks will cycle once.
Hold down the keyless entry transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons for 15 seconds. The locks will again cycle once.
Repeat step #2 for each additional keyless entry transmitter.
Turn the ignition on to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode. Programming is now complete.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Props to Onyx! :bowtie:

I have only seen this done once with my old truck (when it was having keyless entry issues), but I couldn't remember how it was done. Thanks!

·
Sunburnt or Drunk
153 Posts
:shake: :rocking: just had to reprogram mine, sumbitch just quit working last night :think:

·
Registered
138 Posts
sub topic here, how do I know which remote? My truck has the security package on it but I didn't get a remote with it (got it used)

Any idea how to know which remote. it's a 2k model.

·
droppin loads
3,883 Posts
LKJR said:
sub topic here, how do I know which remote? My truck has the security package on it but I didn't get a remote with it (got it used)

Any idea how to know which remote. it's a 2k model.
should be a 15732803

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
mine said when i changed the battery just stand near the truck and hold lock and unlock for 15 secs..........wouldnt that work on all remotes

·
JC PAINT WORKZ
755 Posts
Lol No Cause That Means I Could Stand Next To Your Truck For 15 Sec. And Steal It Lol You Have To Have Some Way Of Using Ignition For Programming That Way Its Secure....

·
Registered
139 Posts
I wish I would have seen this thread yesterday, I just paid $42 to get mine reprogrammed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts