GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Boss
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed my efi live I got from Justin, and the truck runs well. But now my remote start won't work. It's wierd, it will light up like its going to turn on and I can hear the noise before the engine starts but the engine never starts...

Any help?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
So I just installed my efi live I got from Justin, and the truck runs well. But now my remote start won't work. It's wierd, it will light up like its going to turn on and I can hear the noise before the engine starts but the engine never starts...

Any help?
OEM remote start?

·
Registered
926 Posts
just go into the settings on the dash (the 4 buttons in a row, should be the 3rd one down) and scroll through till you get to remote start and see if its on... maybe it just has to be turned on again or something

·
Boss
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup, came from the factory

·
Boss
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just go into the settings on the dash (the 4 buttons in a row, should be the 3rd one down) and scroll through till you get to remote start and see if its on... maybe it just has to be turned on again or something
Just went to my truck and turned the remote start on, didn't work, then tried turning it off and on again and still didn't work.
There is an option for restore factory settings..but would that get rid of my tune?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just went to my truck and turned the remote start on, didn't work, then tried turning it off and on again and still didn't work.
There is an option for restore factory settings..but would that get rid of my tune?
edit:
as far as i know that wouldnt have anyting to do with your tune...im 100% sure it wont affect it, i dont see how it would be connected in any way.. it would just return the exit lights, chime sound level etc bact to stock.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
as far as i know that wouldnt have anyting to do with your tune...im 99.999% sure it wont affect it, i dont see how it would be connected in any way.. it would just return the exit lights, chime sound level etc bact to stock.
Correct. Make that 100%

·
Boss
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Talked to Justin about it and he said that the last step of it all is to get someone to use a scan cable and do a procedure and stuff to take off the check engine light and that will fix the remote start so we'll see how that goes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts