GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dsc00728-1000x750.jpg

This is what it looked like when I got it last month.

Dsc007541000x750.jpg

Dsc007531000x750.jpg

I used a 3M striper wheel to get the adhesive off, worked great.

Going to take the Z71 decals off yet and have to take care of the tail gate yet too!

To bad I found that dent in the passenger side door, it was under the molding. Hope my suction cups will take care of it.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
-fender flares lowered trucks
+fender flares color matched lifted trucks
either way when its stock height

And is that a ding where your door guards were?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on lowering it thats why I'm cleaning up the exterior.

And yea that was under the molding. I had a few choice words when I saw it. :)

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
why lower a z71?

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
idk seems like a wste of 4 wheel drive...

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
The truck looks good how you've got it now. I'm with the other guy up there though...how much do you want for the fender flares...I'd like a set for my CC.

Chris
Acro Texas

·
As seen on TV!
863 Posts
looks a lot better! I had the same thing happen to me, I pulled off the drivers side molding and found a dent...still pisses me off!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
idk seems like a wste of 4 wheel drive...
Mine's slightly lowered but it's still in 4WD almost everyday for 4-5 months to get through the snow/ice.

Truck looks good...I had a very small dent under the molding under my gas door when I took it off. The dent guy took care of it pretty easily. Any paint damage from the flares? I had pretty bad rub marks from mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I plan on going for the look I want then I want to get this truck into the 12's. I've been driving a 11 sec stang for a while now, got the truck to haul the 4wheeler around.

Yea I got rub marks, but nothing to the primer. I'm going to see if I can't buff some it out. This truck was used by a farmer, and those flares were just full of dirt. A dust pan and a half worth in each.

And as for the Flares, guy at work has got first dibs, but I'm not sure what to ask for them, I dont know what stock flares cost new, figure I'd go half of that or less. There not perfect, few scratches.

Playing with my photoshop, this is the stance I want, if I can get it is another thing! :)

Dsc00753lowered.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it's deep, then I'll take the snowmobile. I've lived in Iowa my whole life and this is my first 4x4 truck. I'm sure I can live with a lowered one.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I think you'll be fine in the snow, you'll still have more clearance than most vehicles. I'd like to go a little lower w/ mine, but my tires are huge and my offset is too little. I'm in the same mindset, though...I have the exterior done, now I want to make it move a little better.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
looks a lot better imo, i've been trying to find the 3m wheel locally and having no luck, guess i need to order one online. i'm either gonna go with no moldings or put on the gmc bullet style i have. not sure yet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts