GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible? I dunno if I have all the parts I took off in the box or not, theres a buncha shit in there though. Gonna try to take the body lift off, get some 16x8's and 305's and be done.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Like Lowred said, it is basically a reverse of the install.

But why have you decided to take it off?

BD

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm bored with it, and hopefully I'll get better gas mileage with a set of 33's, 8-10 mpg is killing me. Not to mention my dad can't even get in it anymore due to his leg problems, my g/f is constantly bitching, and it just draws too much attention. If I could I'd take everything off. I love having a lifted truck, but it's just not practical for me right now. I'm sure I'll have another lifted truck in the future, but right now it's causing too many problems.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Shift said:
Is it possible? I dunno if I have all the parts I took off in the box or not, theres a buncha shit in there though. Gonna try to take the body lift off, get some 16x8's and 305's and be done.
Its not bad at all, I did mine by myself, its completely reversible. However, dont even start the removal unless you are absolutely sure you have all the shorter bolts and any hardware you need. I started by removing the steering shaft extension, then the fan shroud, parking brake cable bracket, then the body, then reconnected the steering shaft, e-brake and bumpers.
If you installed it yourself, its a piece of cake :anitoof:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts