GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all is needed to remove the blocks that come with a lift? I'm not really likeing the way they look anymore. Would it be possible, to remove them, and replace them with longer leaf springs? What are the pros and cons of doing this?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Taller leaf springs: less travel, but less axle wrap.
Taller blocks: don't affect travel, cause axle wrap.

Depending on the springs you use, they can ride better or worse than your stock springs.

Blocks are easy to remove... but you'll probably need shorter u-bolts since the spring pack won't be as tall as the 4-5" block that you have. It's usually a good idea to replace u-bolts anyway.

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So taller leafs would be better for the axle, I'd just loose some travel along with it; I think that should be alright. I'll have to see what this should run me.

Maybe I could just rearc my stockers so they would work!:anitoof:

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Klemm got most of it right. Some 5" springs Ride and flex decent. lil more than stock id say... some though

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you put in new leafs, you should probably just get the U-bolt flip kit from ORD at the same time. One less thing hanging down from your axle.

I went from a 5" block and AAL's to a 7" Betts spring. They have been great so far. They flex just as good for me, and having no axle wrap is a big plus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts