GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once you remove the out part and the 2 snap rings, the inner part should pull off the stub shaft. It did on one side but the other one WILL NOT MOVE. I tried the tool described in the d60 bible to no avail. Im starting to worry that the splines of the lockout and stub shaft may be smashed together. Any ideas on how to get it out?

·
Registered
229 Posts
what i do is screw in a few of the bolts into the lockout, and pull on those, may be you can try dissasembling the whole lockout while still in the hub, i did that once to remove a hub from a ten bolt, its hard though, try using penetrating oil, i doubt the lokcout fused together witht he shaft.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had been puting the screws back in and pulling. I finally got it out by drilling 2 holes through a chunk of wood, putting the screws though it with washers and a nut inbetween the wood and the stub shaft, as i tightened the screws it acted like a gear puller and pulled the lockout out. Just a few of the spilines got knicked and thats what was keeping it in.

Question - is there suposed to be a seal on the inner shaft? Mine wasnt sealed at all and when i pulled the shafts all kinds of dirt and shit fell out.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So dirt and shit being inside the tubes isnt abnormal?

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok makes me feel alot better, I saw that and was like "o shit some retard rebuilt this and didnt put seals back in!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts