GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
jesus marian hossa
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the best way to do this? i have one on my passenger side door from a fucking mustang and another one where i got roosted by a buddy on a dirtbike.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
Don't get me started on pdr guys. Almost every time I can still see the repair. I fucking hate the pdr guys that chase hail storms,roll into town,rob the local shops,offer a warranty but then disappear so you can never get the warranty because the paint cracked when they pushed it back out and it starts to rust. I know of 1 pretty good pdr guy. If you want it perfect, bodywork and paint is the only option.

·
Registered
790 Posts
well if the ding has a crease in it then it will be almost impossible to get it all the way out. one thing you could try that i have heard works sometimes is dry ice

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
I saw somewhere that that was fake. Never tried it though.
Not fake, its theoretically using rapid heating and cooling to release tension in the metal created by the dent. I've never done it, but the idea makes since. But no way it would work on something as small as a door ding, but a larger dent in a large panel without a crease I could see it working.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
Most people take a "torch" and heat up the metal then put the crushed up ice in like a bag or something, and put the ice on the heated metal. The rapid temp change from regular to hot to cold is supposed to pop the metal back in to place. Some people have "good luck" with it, some don't. Personally I wouldn't do it because with newer cars the metal is a lot easier to warp than old vehicles when that technique was popular. You may wind up with more damage than you started with.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
take it to a body shop, and get it fixed, dont mess around with the dent puller guys, crack the paint and youll have bigger problems :imo

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
what about a keyboard cleaner can upside down. I have seen that before too. You take one of those can and spray with the can upside down and it pulls the dent out. Look up videos. Im at work so I cant.

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
what about a keyboard cleaner can upside down. I have seen that before too. You take one of those can and spray with the can upside down and it pulls the dent out. Look up videos. Im at work so I cant.
:word:

[yt]ItSWESEVOUA[/yt]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts