GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have recently begun to debadge my '01 Silverado ECSB (black), and was wondering if anyone has any tips on the best way to remove the factory pinstriping? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
546 Posts
um sand it down with to bare metal then paint it lol jk , you can get like a rubber wheel that does on a drill and takes it off maybe called a take off wheel not sure i have one they work good and dont take off the paint they should carry then at autozone , napa, etc. not sure though

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I pulled mine off in the sun. It was pretty messy and left some residue. I cleaned the residue off with a clean rag and some WD40. I then made sure to wash and rewax the truck. Expect to spend some time on this if the pinstriping is brittle and cracked up.

·
\m/ (-_-) \m/
1,204 Posts
Use a hair dryer or park in the sun and just peel real slow and try not to get a big gap in where you are pulling from and the paint. Pull real small portions at a time. Use some stuff called desolve it or 3m adhesive remover to get the remaining stuff off. I work at a vinyl shop so I do this sort of stuff all the time. Shoud come right off though.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
9,777 Posts
Josh said:
i used this tool to debadge my red truck... it works wonders :worship:
Where can I find one of those? Do they sell them at like lowe's?

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
DirtyBlackZ71 said:
Where can I find one of those? Do they sell them at like lowe's?

just click the link that i posted, 15 bucks (+ shipping im sure)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts