GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my air dam off my 05 RCSB Silverado, and Can't seem to figure out how, I searched on here for about an hour with no luck, so i figured i'd post. I've gotten all of the actual bolts out that I can find, but it's still not coming off.. are there retainer clips or anything like that on there? Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
253 Posts
if there anything like the 99-02 theres probally bunch of plastic retainer clips in the backside. you put the middle of the retainer clips out and then push the remaining plastic part out and it just comes right off

flat head screwdriver works good for getting the clips off

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know, it was dusk when i started doing it, and icouldnt really see, but i got 4 bolts off all together, two on each side. and then i can feel something else holding it on that has to be clips, because i know its sure as heck not a bolt.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just start unscrewing bolts/screws until it falls off.....

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm trying to get my air dam off my 05 RCSB Silverado, and Can't seem to figure out how, I searched on here for about an hour with no luck, so i figured i'd post. I've gotten all of the actual bolts out that I can find, but it's still not coming off.. are there retainer clips or anything like that on there? Any help is much appreciated!

there are bolts and clips, theres about 15 things to undo i believe. clips i believe the clips look like black square figure 8 type things. got to squeeze it together and should be able to pull it out.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine does.. dunno why, but I figured it out, its off, and curing now!! Thanks for the help guys!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts