GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Under Construction
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fts lift on my 2005 single cab chevy and a guy intown wants to buy it off me and put it on his truck and give me his stock stuff. I need to know if there are any special tools other than the torsion bar unloader that I'll need to do this. He doesn't want to spend the extra money to install it so I think were just going to do it. I am capable, I just need to make sure I have the right tools before starting this project.

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
Air tools make the job way faster, and I don't think there is any special tools other than the tb unloader.

What year truck does he have and is yours geared? I don't remember if you have to cut the front dif on a FTS lift, but if so your diff won't be able to go back to stock and you will have to swap diff's with him too.

·
Under Construction
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh sorry its 4wd and his truck is a 2002. I looked at the diff and it doesnt look cut anywhere. Does anybody know if you have to cut them for fts lifts?

·
Rollin' in the BIG HOG
1,316 Posts
You do not cut the front diff for an FTS kit.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
im not bashing... but i really dont understand why people do this... it just doesnt seem worth the trouble... why doesnt he just buy a new one? and you keep it on there? I know it might be cheaper for him or whatever... but its a ton of labor to do it to 2 trucks for a used kit it seems!

·
Under Construction
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm hooking him up with rims and tires and all for really cheap. He doesnt have a lot of money so were going to do the install. I am going to get a 12" when were thru. I think he just wants a lift so bad he'll do anything and I've been in that position.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts