GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am trying to get the seats out of my 2000 Silverado, as I broke the back on the drivers side, doing "extra curricular activities".

I've researched what the E-torx are supposed to be, which Is a 18 & a 20. 18 is too big for the rears, too small for fronts. Nobody locally sells a 20.

I tried regular sockets, 6, 8, and 12 point. None work. I could get the rears out, but nut the front (the one sunk Into the track), it just slips. I called the dealer to get the sockets, and they say my trucks breakdown says I have bolts in the front, and don't know what sockets I need. Dead end.

Can anyone tell me for sure what I need, or how you got yours out?

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
torx sockets

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
torx sockets
I read some more and it says I need a 20 and a 14. So I am going to get a 14, which is easy, but finding a 20 Is like impossible

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
I read some more and it says I need a 20 and a 14. So I am going to get a 14, which is easy, but finding a 20 Is like impossible
try sears online or even walmart online

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
no help on actual size but i used a basic deep socket to get my front seats out when i installed my console in my '00.

Pretty sure there is a write-up on here somewhere. Search this section

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was able to use regular sockets to remove the seat bolts. I went to get some new seats for mine not knowing/looking first what I would need. IIRC they were 15 mil and 19 mil. One was a 6 point and the other a 12 point, but I don't recall which was which.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
How does one break a seat back by masturbating?

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
Seriously, all I could think is who fucks on the drivers side with the steering wheel getting in the way.
One time I was in drivers seat and the girl's ass honked the horn. I jested for five minutes at least.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
knew the thread would turn out this way... you can lay her down in the backseat... thats better

·
Registered
288 Posts
I went to harbor freight a picked up what looks like a metric spline set. It's by Pittsburg and on the package says removes all kind of bolts. I pulled the seats out of my 2010 with them no issues

1 - 20 of 26 Posts