GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a new beater last night. Rule one never buy a car at night. and there is this awesome spray painted picture of a penis on the roof. How does one try to go about removing it?

The overall paint condition is not the greatest. There is some cracking in the clear coat and I doubt it has ever been washed as it was a fleet truck.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Start with clay bar I guess. Or you could just rock it

·
Registered
487 Posts
My sister in law had her car spray painted one night. She said she wiped it off with gas. Just a thought. Maybe try a small spot.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Diesel. or Mineral Spirits or Degreaser

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Clay bar will probably do it. As long as it was cheap shit spray paint.

Fits the current driver tho.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
As others have mentioned, start with a claybar.

Theres a video that recently started circulating showing the removal of spray paint using nothing more than a liquid wax. Its not a solution to all spray paints, some will withstand wax and if its been on for awhile it will almost have no effect.

A heavy cutting pad and a moderate polish has done well for me in the past, and method of last resort - paint thinner or mineral spirits used cautiously and flushed well with water and soap afterwards, but exhaust your other options before jumping to that.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Also another try is oven cleaner. I use it to take off enamel pinstriping paint. Should work with spray paint.

I use the aerosol stuff. Spray on and let sit for 3-4 minutes. Then wipe down with microfiber cloth. Repeat until paint is gone. Then neutralize really well with soap and water.
But I'm sure one of the other less extreme options will work. If you use oven cleaner though, make sure to wear gloves.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Get some graffiti remover and then wash it and clay it to make sure it's all gone.

Or get a shop to clear over it for everlasting awesomeness.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. This is tomorrow's project along with u joints. I will let yall know how it pans out

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Better a dick on the roof then the door

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Le penis is gone. Used wd40 and it came right off. Less than 5 minutes total.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts