GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wambulance Driver
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I remove tree sap. I've got about 7 drops on my hood that I need to get rid of. Is there something at the auto parts store that I can buy that will help with removing it?

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts

As far as tree sap removing it is simple. It is water based, not solvent based so you need something water based to remove it, i.e. alcohol, windex, water.... Just soak MF or Terry cloth towel in HOT water. Set the towel on top of the sap to soften it then caefully wipe off or rewash when done. The older the sap is the longer it will take to soften it and remove it.

·
Registered
970 Posts
i fucking hate tree sap, i cleaned up my truck last weekend, clayed it, got it as smooth as a babys ass, was all ready to buff it the next day

the next day comes, i go outside to get started, i run my had across a panel and its all bumpy, WTF? windshield, hood, fenders, doors, roof, and part of my bedside was all spotted with tiny drops of sap, i was pissed beyond beliefe

and its not like i can avoid parking under the tree, it covers most of my driveway

·
[b]Not Prostreet[/b]
2,541 Posts
tree sap has been really bad this year on my truck... i havent had this issue other years being parked under trees but this year has been bad...

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Both my cars get destroyed by sap. I can't wait to get them both in a garage. only 1 more week and that will happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts