GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if it's hard to remove the upper portion of NBS truck dashes to sand and paint. The lower portion doesn't look too bad to remove.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
2 screws on each corner and a few 7mm bolts throughout the front and it pulls up and out. and twist and pull down on the little black thingy in the middle of the dash

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Badassilverado said:
Yeah most of the lower portion is easy as pie. Not sure about the top though

You painting it bodycolor? :naughty:
Yeap, although I don't know if I'm going to stick with indigo blue for the outside of the truck or change to another shade (maybe that new blue that's on the new chevys and GMCs).

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
99redsilv said:
2 screws on each corner and a few 7mm bolts throughout the front and it pulls up and out. and twist and pull down on the little black thingy in the middle of the dash
Ok thanks, I'll check that out. What about the passanger air bag and the handle bar that's over it? I guess that all comes out with the the dash?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
99redsilv said:
takes me 10 mins tops for the complete dash.. I've did it to many times to count tho
10 mins to take out dash.

5 days to properly prep it :doh2:

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
DemoN said:
so easily less then a couple of hours in and out...hmm. may have to paint my dash soon :ninja:
:LOL: Hmm, you make it sound easy.
After getting it out, you still have a couple of days of sanding, filling, wait to dry, sanding, filling, wait to dry, sanding, priming, wait to dry, sanding, painting, wait to dry, sanding, painting, wait to dry, sanding painting wait to dry and cure, and you're done!

·
Registered
177 Posts
to get the handle over the air bag off....

first pull out the a/c vents

then there are to white clips on the bottom of the bar. push them both in at the same time and pull it out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
what about the air bag is that just a cover does it come out with the dash or is it hooked to the air bag some how?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I'd like to take mine out, because the body shop put it in and one of the clips aren't lined up correctly so I'd like to fix it. I've taken all of the bolts out of the top part and the handle above the airbag, but I can't get the dash to budge at all. Am I missing something? What are you talking about doing to the middle of the dash in one of your posts 99redsilv?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts