GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my '02 2500 about a year and a half ago from a dealership that strictly deals with lifted trucks. They buy the trucks (new and used) stock and then install the lifts and sell the newly lifted ride. I bought mine with the following freshly installed (all new parts, 18 miles on the lift and tires):

6" RCD suspension, Bilstein shocks
18" Eagle wheels
35/13/18 ProComp Xtreme Xterrain tires

Question is, having put nearly 40k miles on the truck since the lift was installed, are there any parts suspension or otherwise that I should check out at this point or in the near future? The truck just doesn’t ride like it use to, most likely due to the tires having about 5k left on them, but this is my first lifted truck and I didn’t know if bushings, pitman arms, idler arm, etc. should be looked at. Im sure its always a good idea to check the condition of your parts, but are there any specific parts that tend to fail or wear excessively on a regular basis at a certain mileage? Thanks!

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
Hub Bearings
Idler and Pitman Arms
Ball Joints
Tie Rods

Thats all i check on a regular basis. More than likely they did not replace anything when they put the lift on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts