GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a place I can buy replacement OEM key fob shells? The remotes for my Moms 2002 Tahoe have seen better days. They both work just fine, its just the plastic is cracking and they keep opening up.

It would suck to have to buy a new remote just because she needs a cheap plastic case.

·
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nevermind. Found it.

·
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just do an ebay search for the FCC ID number that is on the back of your remote. Not only will you get a new case, but you will get a whole new remote for whatever you need the remote for.
When I first did a search, all I got were complete new remotes. I really dont need that. The current ones function fine. The printing is still even on the buttons after seven years of use.

I did a search for "GM remote case" and got a several good results. Ordered two new shells and should have them in a couple days.

I'm happy, mom's happy, its all good.

But I did search the way you suggested when I needed remotes for my Saturn. It didnt come with any and after I bought the car I found the RKE module. ordered the remotes and had keyless entry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
visit www.newkeyfob.com

I ordered a set for my girls dodge and one for my NNBS silvy. Hers, barbie pink of course, and i went with a carbon fiber. They make them for almost all vehicles. I think $20 a pop.

Install is cake, shipping was fast and they are out of Michigan.

.:.Nate.:.

·
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I received the two that I ordered from that eBay seller today. Swapped the guts from the old to the new and they look great.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
visit www.newkeyfob.com

I ordered a set for my girls dodge and one for my NNBS silvy. Hers, barbie pink of course, and i went with a carbon fiber. They make them for almost all vehicles. I think $20 a pop.

Install is cake, shipping was fast and they are out of Michigan.

.:.Nate.:.
15 minutes from here, cool place!

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
I received the two that I ordered from that eBay seller today. Swapped the guts from the old to the new and they look great.
Cool deal. I need to order a new shell for mine. Like you said mine functions fine and the writing on the buttons isnt worn a bit after almost 15 years but ive got a small crack starting to form on a corner...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts