GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my stock rotors and wanted to get some feed back of what you guys are using and reviews of what you have on. Recommendations would be very help ful and part #'s with pricing also. Will the 07 and previous part #'s work for the 07+ NNBS front disc setups?

To start off has anyone bought from here and if so how are they working out for you.

http://brakeperformance.com/site/brake_rotors.php?vtype=2670&vmake=2676&vmodel=13392&vyear=13411&vdetail=13414&cPath=2670_2676_13392_13411_13414_78595&dv=0408&ad=direct
PREMIUM DIMPLED & SLOTTED (BLACK)
FRONT SET - TWO (2) ROTORS #RB-66057
FREE SHIPPING • FREE BRAKE PADS • LIFETIME WARRANTY!

$198.71

rotors.gif

·
Resident Metal Head
5,528 Posts
what are you talking about
:secret:

I got the exact ones you are looking at. I called them about which ones to go with. I gave them my VIN. They told me to go with the ones that are listed on their site for the 07's.
I got drums in the back just fyi.

I have no complaints with the rotors I got from them. No chatter or weird braking. Very solid. I'm happy with the purchase.

Only "problem" I have, which isn't their fault, the clips that keep in the pads is rubbing against the rotor, right over the holes actually. So at slow speed I got this clicking sound. I just gotta bend them back.
:rofl2:

Edit: oh, way to go for a crappy pict JB :crazy:

Here is a slightly better one:

DSC_0180.jpg

·
Resident Metal Head
5,528 Posts
Nah, I didn't change out the drums or anything. I have no plans nor desire to. I only got 22", which aren't that heavy. I haven't noticed any increased braking distance between stock and these rims.

However, I put on these new rotors the same day I lowered the truck, which was the day I put these rims on.
So I'm not sure how stock rotors and that do with these rims.

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nah, I didn't change out the drums or anything. I have no plans nor desire to. I only got 22", which aren't that heavy. I haven't noticed any increased braking distance between stock and these rims.

However, I put on these new rotors the same day I lowered the truck, which was the day I put these rims on.
So I'm not sure how stock rotors and that do with these rims.
failed... you should of ran stock and then could of given me a review. :crazy:

So as far as quality goes they are sturdy and just need to bend the clips back to avoid the sound. are you using stock pads or the free ones given by them with the sale?

are your's slotted and cross or slotted and dimpeled?

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts

So as far as quality goes they are sturdy and just need to bend the clips back to avoid the sound. are you using stock pads or the free ones given by them with the sale?

Mine seem to stop fine :think:

You know...if your going to do this...we should wait and install them when we do your drop :read:

·
Resident Metal Head
5,528 Posts

:rofl2: I'll try better next time sir.

I'm using stock pads actually. I completely forgot about adding in their free pads when I purchased them. That was dumb of me. I was rushing out the door when I purchased them.

Like I said, no complaints at all. I'm very happy with the purchase. BTW, they will come shipped to you completely black, once you step on the brakes it will clean that all off and give you the look that I got.

I got the slotted and dimpled ones. EXACTLY the same ones you got highlighted.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I got the R1 concepts rotors which look to be just like those you posted above. So far they work very well. Braking feels better and stops better than stock. I also went with Hawk ceramic pads and that helps too. Heres a link to their website.http://www.r1concepts.com/

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine seem to stop fine :think:

You know...if your going to do this...we should wait and install them when we do your drop :read:
Believe it or not, it seems to have liked the 22"s, brakes better. No worries, Justin is going to take care of this for me, regardless i won't be getting these for a while anyways, i just want to know what i'm going to buy when i'm ready.

:rofl2: I'll try better next time sir.

I'm using stock pads actually. I completely forgot about adding in their free pads when I purchased them. That was dumb of me. I was rushing out the door when I purchased them.

Like I said, no complaints at all. I'm very happy with the purchase. BTW, they will come shipped to you completely black, once you step on the brakes it will clean that all off and give you the look that I got.

I got the slotted and dimpled ones. EXACTLY the same ones you got highlighted.
OK Thanks

I got the R1 concepts rotors which look to be just like those you posted above. So far they work very well. Braking feels better and stops better than stock. I also went with Hawk ceramic pads and that helps too. Heres a link to their website.http://www.r1concepts.com/

Thanks, i've also seen r1concepts a lot. there just a little more.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Your truck brakes better with 22" rims? hmmm, how is that?

That does look like a pretty good deal though. I went with some SSBC slotted rotors, which were fairly pricey... although I've got no complaints!

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

That does look like a pretty good deal though. I went with some SSBC slotted rotors, which were fairly pricey... although I've got no complaints!
Yea it just feels better, guess i was driving slow last night. and braking with time. SSBC, yea i bet you wouldn't have complaints.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Because they are Boyd Coddington lightweight billet wheels with tires that arent any larger dia than stock :read:

He just wants these for looks anyway...truth is he needs to buy some FUCKING TOOLS instead :slap:

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because they are Boyd Coddington lightweight billet wheels with tires that arent any larger dia than stock :read:

He just wants these for looks anyway...truth is he needs to buy some FUCKING TOOLS instead :slap:
Geeezus ..... alright

:hidesbehindsofa:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts