GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult? Does it suck? Is dash removal necessary? Mine cracked and is thus leaking the green stuff into my cab, not cool.

Also is there any ill effect to bypassing the heater core at least temporarily if I don't have time for a full on remove and replace immediately?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Ask Sarkozy, he's pretty familiar with them. Bypassing it will be fine until you actually need heat.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Heater core replacement on OBS chevy's is a piece of cake. There is a box right under the glove box where the heater core rests. Its real easy to get to.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Make sure you CAREFULLY take the bottom piece of the box off, after that it's a piece of cake. You can bypass it without problems.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts
Ask Sarkozy, he's pretty familiar with them. Bypassing it will be fine until you actually need heat.
:hahano: I've put SIX of them in my truck .......

Spencer, it's super easy. 7mm socket, 5" 1/4" extension and a 1/4" ratchet. Pull the carpet away to make it easier. Bypassing it is fine, mine stays bypassed all summer now.

Sent from my ADR6200 ERIS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:hahano: I've put SIX of them in my truck .......

Spencer, it's super easy. 7mm socket, 5" 1/4" extension and a 1/4" ratchet. Pull the carpet away to make it easier. Bypassing it is fine, mine stays bypassed all summer now.

Sent from my ADR6200 ERIS using Tapatalk
excellent, didn't have time to look at it until tomorrow morning for a little bit, but I will bypass for now. I'm just pissed about the mess it made of my carpet. Not even that much leaked but enough to necessitate clean up activities tomorrow. bypass here I come.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts