GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some new mirrors for my suburban because the OEM ones were fadded to hell, I figuresit would be an easy swap like on my 05, wrong. I pop the top cap and all I see is metal, wtf?

What is the process here, do I have to take off the whole interior body panel just to get to the 3 screws that hold the mirror in?

Any insight is appreciated?

·
Registered
186 Posts
door panel has to come off.... then there will be a piece of rubber in the hole, you pull that out and voila...

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
Take off the whole door panel. Two screws inside the part you grab to shut the door from inside. Remove the trim piece around the door handle and the trim that holds the window and door switches, un clip the switches and little speaker. Then just pull on the panel towards you, there are clips holding it all around the perimeter of the panel.

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
you can get almost all of them off buy just pulling the little piece up front off and pulling the foam out,

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
when I took my triangle off, I was able to squeeze in enough and reach the screws holding the mirror without taking my panel out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts