GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I see some pictures of the Passenger side front sections, just underneath the glove-box. I was told I am missing a insulated panel that goes covers the Passenger Side air conditioning components. My so-called 'leak' I was talking about in other threads wasn't an actual leak, it was the condensation and 'sweat' of the a/c ducts gathered at specific area and dropped onto the floor-mat, making me think it was a leak, in which it wasn't.

This is what it currently looks like:
IMG_0129.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/jonl90/Cars/Sierra/Other/IMG_0129.jpg
Is there supposed to be a panel covering that section?

I want to see what I'm looking for when I head out to salvage yards soon.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,395 Posts
go to ebay and just browse through the ads for "silverado" that is all you should have to do...

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Yeah, you're missing the entire lower dash plenum panel.

www.gmpartsdirect.com

GM PART # 15703207
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $133.97
OUR PRICE: $82.20

Here's a picture of mine, you can see the insulation.

The part you see is just below the right side of the picture, that's the blower motor fan speed resistor.
DSC01071.jpg

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Matt.

Will I be able to find this at places like Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, and O'Reilly Auto Parts?

Or am I better go to a salvage-yard and find one in good condition?

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Thanks Matt.

Will I be able to find this at places like Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, and O'Reilly Auto Parts?

Or am I better go to a salvage-yard and find one in good condition?
Dealer only part. If you can find one in the junkyard, that'd be the cheapest route. Don't see many NBS trucks in the yards though :think:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer only part. If you can find one in the junkyard, that'd be the cheapest route. Don't see many NBS trucks in the yards though :think:
Okay. Thanks man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts