GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me how to go about obtaining,or resetting factory theft code on a delco radio,it is a cd radio out of a 97 venture I found in junkyard,I want to put in my 96 sierra.Naturally,there was no owners manual in van.Any links,procedures,whatever,will be greatly appreciated!Thanks.:hmm:

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,740 Posts
The first time my battery went dead... The Dealer charged me $40.00 to reset :nono:

I asked the service manager to turn off the theftlock...

got in the truck and the dam thing was still flashing... I think they just wanted $40 more next time!

NEVER AGAIN!

You have to have a Dealer Code & phone number to unlock.

This worked for me... should for you...

Good Luck.

P.S. Just called the 800# and the 202108 Dealer Code is still valid.

THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR THE NEWER "RDS" DELCO RAIDOS

1) Go out to your truck, and put the key to the 'on' position (not run). When the radio turns on, press and hold #2 and #3. After about ten seconds, three numbers will appear on the screen. Take your time and write these down.

2) After you have the first three numbers, press and release the AM/FM button. Three more numbers will appear on the screen. Write these down.

3) With your new-found 6-digit code, go inside and call 1-800-537-5140. It's just an electronic answering machine. Once the guy finishes talking, press 202108, followed by the *Asterisk* button (not pound).

4) He'll then tell you to enter in your 4- or 6-digit code, followed by the star/asterisk again. So, type in the numbers you got out of your radio, and hit star/asterisk.

5) He'll then tell you your 4-digit unlock code. Write it down.

Now you can go back out to your Truck, press and release the "HR" (hour) button until it flashes, and enter in the first two digits of your 4-digit code. Then press the MIN (minute) button and enter the last two digits. [For instance, if my code was the number "1848", I'd press the HR button 18 times and the MIN button 48 times]. When you're done, hit AM/FM. The radio is now unlocked.

To turn off Theftlock so you don't have to repeat this process the next power loss, just repeat the last step -- pressing HR and MIN to re-enter the code. When it's done and you hit AM/FM, a blank set of three hyphens ("---") will appear on the screen. You've disabled Theftlock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You!,I will try the code retrieval procedure{not today though,TOO DARN COLD OUT!}Thanks for your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts