GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install LEDs in the front & rear turn signals, DRL, & backup lights to be used as regular lights & for the Sho Me LED strobe flasher I have when plowing snow. I have figured out how to do it using diodes to control current flow. But I am curious if I will have to use the 6 ohm resistor across the + & - wires to make the flasher think it is a regular light & not one burnt out. Anyone know if they are required?

Thanks,
Scot

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will I need them at each LED or just one for right & one for left?

I will post either pics or some sort of video. I am going to use the DRL & amber signals up front flashing alternately (White on one side - amber the other) then switch. And for the back I am going to use the backup & a red turn signal. Alternating like front. I would rather have amber but can't get there from here. Would like a LED "bulb" with both amber & white individual LEDs in it in two different circuits. Like a turn signal bulb.

Scot

·
Registered
31 Posts
You will need to put 1 on each front & rear turn single. You wount need then on the reverse or the drl's.

So all you need is 4. I had to do this to my Bimmer when I put LED's in the front & rear turns. I also had them in the reverse but never had a problem

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the idea of modifying the flasher.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't had a chance to look for the flasher because the wife drives it through the week because I drive about 40 miles one way to work. Does anyone know where the flasher is on a 2003 1500HD?

Thanks

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Does anyone know where the flasher is on a 2003 1500HD?

Thanks

I would assume its the same as my 2001 Suburban and 2002 Tahoe. It should be located on the back side of the interior fuse panel. You'll have to remove the knee bolster (trim panel under the steering column) to get access to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts