GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I went to a local shop to have my truck custom tuned on a mustang dyno. The stats on my truck are: 2000 Chevy silverado, 2wd regular cab, 5.3L engine, pacesetter lt ceramic coated headers, 3" exhaust with dynamaxx bullet muffler, and a k&n FIPK. After a few hours of tinkering with the truck, it put down 244.4 hp and 263.9 ft. lbs. of torque. I am somewhat pleased with the results, I was hoping for a little more but it runs strong.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Is it tuned? If not, those are some pretty good numbers if you ask me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those numbers were after it was tuned. I was really hoping for them to be a little higher, but I guess they are alright for now. I just need to save up and get a cam, stall convertor, and a gear.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Those numbers were after it was tuned. I was really hoping for them to be a little higher, but I guess they are alright for now. I just need to save up and get a cam, stall convertor, and a gear.
What were you tuning with? If it was anything other than a hyptech or superchips then those numbers are pretty bad. You should be around 250-260 with just a tune :imo

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What were you tuning with? If it was anything other than a hyptech or superchips then those numbers are pretty bad. You should be around 250-260 with just a tune :imo
The tuner was using hptuner? I beleive was t he program. It was also done on a mustang dyno so the numbers might be a little lower than some are getting.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
The tuner was using hptuner? I beleive was t he program. It was also done on a mustang dyno so the numbers might be a little lower than some are getting.
Ok then they aren't so bad afterall. Mustang Dyno's always read low compared to Dyno Jets.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Ok then they aren't so bad afterall. Mustang Dyno's always read low compared to Dyno Jets.
Werd, those are some pretty good numbers considering it was on a mustang dyno.

·
Registered
807 Posts
dont know the difference but with a cai, and a cat back flowmaster(which both do nothing) i got my truck tuned by nelson performance, i then dynoed it and came out with 255rwhp...and 280fpt...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts