GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd share my experience retrofitting Morimoto mini H1's into the new Anzo U-Bar headlights for the NBS Yukons and Sierra's. I believe these headlights became available in the last year or so. I haven't seen too many rigs running them yet. I had been waiting and searching for something decent other than the OEM Denali headlights for years and these Anzo's finally came along. Here are the lights.

Anzo rear.jpg

Anzo u-bar.jpg

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I installed these in my blown 02 Yukon Denali and heard somewhere that these could be retrofitted with the Denali retrofit brackets that are available. I contacted @2005_Silverado to see if he could confirm, and he had me send a pic of the back of them. He said they would work so I ordered the parts needed for the retrofit. I went with Morimoto mini H1's. The process was fairly simple since I didn't have to bake the headlights open. The hardest part was cutting the old projectors out of the housings. Here's a couple pics and if anyone's interested in the process, there's plenty of info and more pics in my build thread over at TYF. Here's a link. https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/rocket-mans-02-denali-build-thread-aka-the-beast.83457/page-229
IMG_9402.JPG
IMG_9428.JPG
IMG_9434.JPG
IMG_9441.JPG

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
Glad they worked out for you. Looks like a very clean install

1 - 8 of 8 Posts