GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sierra Owner
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just ordered a back up camera, becuase i have a flip-out and on my wiring diagram my flip-out says i need to run a wire to my reverse wire on my truck, can someone tell me where this wire is located at on a 99 GMC Sierra?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Prolly one somewhere up front that engages when gear selector is put in reverse. Prolly one around transmission and for sure one around one of your choice (left or right) positives on rear tailight reverse socket.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I believe it is a green wire and I know you can tap in to it just behind the bumper there are a couple big plugs there but I am not sure where at closer to the front of the truck, sorry.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
There's got to be one in the gauge cluster harness. Test all the wires there by taking it in and out of reverse with key on truck off.

·
Registered
502 Posts
what year is your truck? if its a nbs take off the plastic under the steering wheel and there should be harness going from the shifter to the left side by the fuse box on the side. check those wires with a simple fuse tester.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
just check the color at the light and then see if you can find it in the sill panel where the wires are headed to the rear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts