GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
OrangeCrush said:
take the hood off, its just 4 bolts :crazy:
Its looks cool but too much of an inconvenience when you have to work on the engine. Dont you need at least two people to take the hood off since its heavy and you need at least one hand to remove the bolts.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think it tilts forward farther than that. You can still work on the engine from the side, i think. Devious did an install article in Street Trucks.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
nice man.... it looks cool but I would think it woul be for show purposes ONLY... there's no way I would constantly be leaning over my fenders to get to the engine compartment. the paint would be alll kinds of fukd up...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Its just a flipped hood, you can do it on a cars trunk also. Its nothing new, you should be able to use the stock hardware to do it. For my car they have a HOW TO manual on how to do it for my car (hood and trunk) on ebay, maybe they have one for your guy's trucks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There's a couple of how-to threads for that mod on FSC. And I've seen a ready made kit somewhere (auto-loc add maybe?) so you wouldn't have to modify the hinge from the donor car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts