GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen LOW98GMC selling a damaged cd player so I thought I would give it a try too. I have a Rockford Fosgate RFX8340 headunit that works fine but for the display on the unit. I was told that there is something wrong with the metal ribbon that connects the face to the player, causing the display to be very dim (cant hardly see at night). I would like $50 + shipping for it since the player works. Cost around $500 new over 3 yrs ago. I believe I have all the installation hardware...I'll go look. :read:

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Since Trey 's is sold I'll bite on this one. Can the ribbon be repaired? Pics would be nice aswell.

thanks

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1buda said:
Since Trey 's is sold I'll bite on this one. Can the ribbon be repaired? Pics would be nice aswell.

thanks
I'm sure the ribbon can be repaired but I have no clue on the costs. I will take some pics w/ my digital camera....how do I post them on here?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
silverado_dude said:
Thanks for the help...I registered for the site, and now I'm waiting for the confirmation in my email...I might have to redo it because I havent gotten that email yet. (5 hrs) :pissed:
No problem. Just let me know when you get the pics up.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres an album I made with the cd player inside. Theres also some speakers in there also so you can disregard them. I hope this link works.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
silverado_dude said:
Heres an album I made with the cd player inside. Theres also some speakers in there also so you can disregard them. I hope this link works.

Link not working.

**edit** use photobucket or cardomain, imagestation is a bitch most of the time.

·
I cant spell "teh"
130 Posts
the link works just needs to take of one of the Http://

1 - 10 of 10 Posts