GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a 2008 2wd 2500hd with a Zone 6 inch lift. After the lift was installed it rides so stiff it feels like its going to rattle the door panels off. Any suggestions? He asked me to look into it and fix it.

·
Narc
1,358 Posts
Are they adjustable? My guess is he has it cranked. Looks like the one on zones website comes with aftermarket coilovers, shop could have cranked it up too much.

·
cunts
2,741 Posts
For one, your buddy's truck won't have struts. That truck will have torsion bars up front and they are probably cranked up to get more lift. Loosen the adjuster bolts for the keys on the rear crossmember and see how that rides.

·
Some dude on the internet
274 Posts
̶S̶i̶t̶t̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶m̶p̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶p̶s̶,̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶.̶ ̶O̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶-̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶

Key bolts definitely look cranked tf in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe the torsion bars and keys are indexed too much. I did some research on the truck and it says that its a snow plow edition with purple keys. Im not too sure what that means for this application. Should he get new bars and keys or what ?

·
Just some fuckin guy
2,249 Posts
I can say with 99% certainty its not a snow plow prep pkg truck. Its 2wd, those two dont mix. take the bump stops off before you buy anything and see how it rides.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,846 Posts
It is supposed to sit on the bump stop/barely touch it. Look at some stock photos. It is part of the suspension, it is a damper. I would not go cutting on it. Check the shocks.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,846 Posts
This is stock

upload_2019-10-7_15-46-36.png

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,234 Posts
It's designed to use the bumps as part of the suspension. And looks cranked to the moon. For sure they cranked as much as they could to get it from not touching the bumps which was their first mistake.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone ill take a look at the shocks and im going to back out the adjustment bolt and see how it rides.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts