GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have the rough country RCX 6". i do have a add a leaf and no the truck isn't cranked. it is cranked to what the RC guys recommened to me over the phone. SO question is. even with my hard ass "stuck shot" tires i think the truck should ride better. it will beat the shit out of you. is there anything yall can recommend that would help me other than a new lift?

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
so i have the rough country RCX 6". i do have a add a leaf and no the truck isn't cranked. it is cranked to what the RC guys recommened to me over the phone. SO question is. even with my hard ass "stuck shot" tires i think the truck should ride better. it will beat the shit out of you. is there anything yall can recommend that would help me other than a new lift?
What shocks are up front? Could be tires?

Is the rear or front rough? Or both?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rough country shocks all the way around. i feel it more in the front but i dunno.... the whole truck is pretty much stiff as hell and the add a leaf really didn't make the rear any stiffer.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
rough country shocks all the way around. i feel it more in the front but i dunno.... the whole truck is pretty much stiff as hell and the add a leaf really didn't make the rear any stiffer.
Snap a pic of your upper control arms and that whole area. Do a few pics so we can see it like we were standing there looking at it.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
What air pressure is in the tires?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
do you have like 80psi in the tires?

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
gotta be air because you and I have the same lift and mine rides smooth.....ask Daniel he rode in it without the alignment

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
my rcx rides rough ....on rough roads. but on smooth roads, its like a cadillac.

IMHO i dont like the RCX shocks, as soon as i have some cash im gonna swap them out with Bilstiens.

But yea check ur PSI in ur tires. my bfg a/ts are set at 45psi.

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
i'm set at 45 also

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry for the late reply. i run 34 psi in my tires. i don't get the control arm area pic though :think: i stated the kit was cranked to spec per RC. maybe it's just because of the roads here i notice it more. espcially when drivin the ol back roads to the river that haven't been cared for in decades. the ride wears on me enough but to tell yall the truth my girl friend had gedenerative(sp) disks in her spine and it's hard enough just gettin her in the truck much less keepin her happy whenever we go anywhere in it. i've been thinkin of tradin for a more pratical truck lately. ive even gone as far as thinkin about savin for a long travel kit or buyin a lifted coil sprung truck instead of torsion bar shit

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
are you the original owner of the truck? If not then possibly the previous owner put 3/4 ton tbars in it. As far as the uca goes, just take a couple pics of it and we'll let you know where the droop stop is.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
ive always heard the rc shocks suck. i would suggest going to better shock...i had some low end procomp shocks on my truck right wen it was lifted till my resis came in and it rode like shit with the procomp shocks.

·
Built Not Bought
532 Posts
I can agree with the rc shocks riding like shit my buddy had those on his jeep when he bought it and they were horrible and rode really rough he swapped them out with some skyjacker shocks and it was like a night and day difference

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
My RCD lift rides pretty rough I think. I was seriously considering going to a 4" rancho. :secret:

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
im willing to bet its the RC shocks. they are ok on the highway when the road is smooth, but on backroads and regular roads they just cant handle the bumps and grooves.

swap out to some nice bilsteins man.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts