am i riskin my life here?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
how do you know if there bad?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
clicking, play when you shake your wheel, may throw some sort of dummy light on the dash

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
screeching popping sound i can hear over my pipes and swampers with the windows down
gets pretty bad around 70

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Im asking because when i hard brake i hear a jingle from my front end and my abs lights on

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my abs light has been on and mine does this when im not breakin

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
screeching popping sound i can hear over my pipes and swampers with the windows down
gets pretty bad around 70
id find out what that is for sure before you drive it much more man

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Im asking because when i hard brake i hear a jingle from my front end and my abs lights on
probably a bearing then, jack it up and check it out imo

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
i was gonna say that maybe you have a rock in your brakes or something, but the abs light is probably a pretty good indication of a bad bearing then imo

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Yeah i need to do that we looked at em a while back and they were good, i greased em good to

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well the right side never stays aligned and i think thats why
but the sound also sounds like its comin hard from the left too

its not lookin good for the Z

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
how much does a shop charge to do it

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not a good idea. I'd ask the rents for money if you don't have your own. No need to be dramatic about it, but this is important :imo
the rents are still mad about my steering they paid $300 for, they have plenty of money and wont even pay for my senior prom...id about rather run it for 2 weeks and be scared then replace it on my own then hear them bitch for months about it

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
how much does a shop charge to do it
do you have the sealed units or not? probably not if you said you greased them up before, i dont know then, i have the sealed units and they were a piece of cake to change, except for one froze bolt that gave me some trouble

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
the rents are still mad about my steering they paid $300 for, they have plenty of money and wont even pay for my senior prom...id about rather run it for 2 weeks and be scared then replace it on my own then hear them bitch for months about it
how much does it cost to change bearings?

they will do it for your safety dood

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
do you want to live to make it to prom?

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they will, but theyll bitch like they did about my steering that was bound to fail

i dunno how much it cost, but im sure it cant be too hard, besides if i cant do it my buddy and his dad replaced his

1 - 20 of 31 Posts