GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my truck was stolen and found stripped of the rims and radio sitting on the frame on the street! The insurence might replace the wheels with the factory 17's but I have a 4/6 drop on my crew cab what tire size should I have them buy? I assume the stock size might not work. I was running a 265/35/22 just under 31" tall.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
you can run a 245/70/17

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
So my truck was stolen and found stripped of the rims and radio sitting on the frame on the street! The insurence might replace the wheels with the factory 17's but I have a 4/6 drop on my crew cab what tire size should I have them buy? I assume the stock size might not work. I was running a 265/35/22 just under 31" tall.
Go buy some stockers off Craigslist, they're more than plentiful in socal. Hopefully retail parts prices on new 17s + tires will put you on your way to recovering what you spent on the 22s.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
fuck that shit where was it stolen at?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
taken from right in front of my condo in toluca lake its supposed to be a nice area miley cirus bob hope and a few other celebs live in the neighbor hood behind me and i run past the WB lot everyday.
I was thinking about just getting a cheap set of craigslist how much you the the insurence will give for "new" stocks plus tires

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
didnt hear the alarm? or there was no alarm on the truck? sucks anyway.

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Factory rims run very high from the factory, just go to a dealer, price them out and get the company to write a check for that and it will probably get you new 22s

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am talking to the insurence company and thats what I am gonna do but most auto body places dont buy brand new parts straight from GM plus they get em at a deal. I found a website that has the oem 17's for like $179 per so I am figuring they are gonna give me like $800 for the set
I had the factory set up but the wife ok'd a new top of the line alarm any suggestions?

·
Low Black Beast
89 Posts
I am talking to the insurence company and thats what I am gonna do but most auto body places dont buy brand new parts straight from GM plus they get em at a deal. I found a website that has the oem 17's for like $179 per so I am figuring they are gonna give me like $800 for the set
I had the factory set up but the wife ok'd a new top of the line alarm any suggestions?
Anything from Viper or clifford will do great..

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
holy fkn spelling batman!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i cant spell for crap sorry I can explain physics and anatomy but I suck with spelling
Any way i was thinking about the viper 5701

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh and then does any one know if the trailblazer has the same bolt pattern as my gmc? my friend has his stock trailblazer rims that i can use till I get the rims

·
Registered
184 Posts
$800 not including tires. wall together, your looking at at the least, $1300. You can pick up some decent wheel for that much.

·
Low Black Beast
89 Posts
oh and then does any one know if the trailblazer has the same bolt pattern as my gmc? my friend has his stock trailblazer rims that i can use till I get the rims
Nope.. pretty sure they are different

1 - 20 of 37 Posts