GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so guys with 22's...do you guys have 22x10. 22x8.5, or 22x9.5? and whats the biggest tire anyone has fit in the back with out rubbing or cutting?

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
The tire does have a lot to do with fitment but backspacing and offset are important to consider too. I don't really know the exact measurements needed for each width of rim but there's a great tech article or post by mood indigo that explains it well.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i run 22 x 10 on 7.5" Back spacing and a 285/35 which is a small sidewall but i have hit some big potholes and my rims havent got bent yet but i do drive carefull most of the time but on freeways you cant exatly slow down to cross bridges...

if your bagging it then the biggest i would run is a 265/40

the biggest 22 i have seen is 305/40 and its fucking huge and would look retarded on a bagged truck imo

another thing to keep in mind is its best to keep the overall diameter of the original oem tires and wheel combo and 285/35 came the closet to mine and just happened to work nice for me

·
Registered
23 Posts
Your back spacing all the way around is 7.5. Does the front rim touch or rub on anything?
Downfall said:
i run 22 x 10 on 7.5" Back spacing and a 285/35 which is a small sidewall but i have hit some big potholes and my rims havent got bent yet but i do drive carefull most of the time but on freeways you cant exatly slow down to cross bridges...

if your bagging it then the biggest i would run is a 265/40

the biggest 22 i have seen is 305/40 and its fucking huge and would look retarded on a bagged truck imo

another thing to keep in mind is its best to keep the overall diameter of the original oem tires and wheel combo and 285/35 came the closet to mine and just happened to work nice for me

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
295/40/20 out back... its a fat rear tire. I rub when i drive really fast b/c i don't have a sway bar.

·
Registered
546 Posts
my friend has 255/30/22 on his intro well lets juss not talk about the wheel lol , im me on MACadoshesracer if ya wan c it 2 big to post and i dont feel like doin all the crap to post it

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Mine are 22x9.5 with +12mm backspacing(i think the BS is only like 5.75 or something)

There really isn't any rubbing since I curled the rear lips all the way up, but It's damn close.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts