GMC Truck Forum banner

rims

978 10
so guys with 22's...do you guys have 22x10. 22x8.5, or 22x9.5? and whats the biggest tire anyone has fit in the back with out rubbing or cutting?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· WorkinSmarterNotHarder
1,463 Posts
The tire does have a lot to do with fitment but backspacing and offset are important to consider too. I don't really know the exact measurements needed for each width of rim but there's a great tech article or post by mood indigo that explains it well.

· Registered
2,863 Posts
i run 22 x 10 on 7.5" Back spacing and a 285/35 which is a small sidewall but i have hit some big potholes and my rims havent got bent yet but i do drive carefull most of the time but on freeways you cant exatly slow down to cross bridges...

if your bagging it then the biggest i would run is a 265/40

the biggest 22 i have seen is 305/40 and its fucking huge and would look retarded on a bagged truck imo

another thing to keep in mind is its best to keep the overall diameter of the original oem tires and wheel combo and 285/35 came the closet to mine and just happened to work nice for me

· Registered
23 Posts
Your back spacing all the way around is 7.5. Does the front rim touch or rub on anything?
Downfall said:
i run 22 x 10 on 7.5" Back spacing and a 285/35 which is a small sidewall but i have hit some big potholes and my rims havent got bent yet but i do drive carefull most of the time but on freeways you cant exatly slow down to cross bridges...

if your bagging it then the biggest i would run is a 265/40

the biggest 22 i have seen is 305/40 and its fucking huge and would look retarded on a bagged truck imo

another thing to keep in mind is its best to keep the overall diameter of the original oem tires and wheel combo and 285/35 came the closet to mine and just happened to work nice for me

· Burning Rubber
1,019 Posts
Mine are 22x9.5 with +12mm backspacing(i think the BS is only like 5.75 or something)

There really isn't any rubbing since I curled the rear lips all the way up, but It's damn close.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.