GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the lights laws in california? If I change the amber turn signal and corner marking light bulbs for clear ones, am I risking a ticket?

·
Registered
13 Posts
In CA, you're fine if you change the front facing blinkers to clear, you just can't have any ricer blue or red lights facing forward. Your rear blinkers cannot be clear, they've got to be red or amber.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
So a true white would be legal correct? Also OC NEVER RUN RED.....first cop u see u will be busted :read: I've had clear corners for 3 years and no problems :anitoof:

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Good to know Adam, I always thought you had to have at least an amber bulb in the front. I need to change it out for a clear one now. :D

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
I read that 1 or 2 years ago and called DMV and they didnt know. I was told to call CHP......but who makes a true white bulb :crazy:

·
Registered
639 Posts
meh, when I put my clear turn signals in I just left the amber bulbs for turning...but I swaped out the DRL's for Hyper Yellow, and the little bulbs on the outter corner to xenon white.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i got a ticket for having blue bulbs... now i'm just gonna run amber

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I think i might be able to clear this up since i got a warning for this not too long ago. The white bulb is fine but your corners need to have a reflector ub the light housing.

·
Back from hiatus..
600 Posts
i have been running clear corners with the hyper white/ blue bulbs in all my vehicles in for the last 5 years, no problems yet!

of course, now that i said that, i will get in trouble. :nono:

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Dont ever use red i got busted and given a nice size fine for "impersonating an emergency vehicle." This was in my old blazer it looked awesome kinda like snake eyes. i had them like that for months until i ran into the first dickhead cop. He also gave ma ticket for no front license plate and he harrassed the girl i was with at the time. bc curfew is at 12:00 am for 16 an under and he pulled me over at 11:50. i was no joke 200 feet from my house. and by the time he did all his bs it was past twelve. He then asked her for her id and she was only 16 so he took her out put her in the cop car called her mom scared the shit out of her and her mom and that right there is why i hate the Tomball police department bc everyone i know has a story like this.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
2kSub said:
were you yelling "wooo wooo" siren like when you got stopped? :D

yea i was how did you know.

Yea if i knew i would get a ticket like that i wouldnt have had them in there i thought i would get a fix it ticket where if you fix it they make pay like $15

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
deve8edsilv said:
i have been running clear corners with the hyper white/ blue bulbs in all my vehicles in for the last 5 years, no problems yet!
:word:
I've had clears w/ super/hyper whites for a long time and I've never gotten a ticket...yet. Knowing these dickheaded cops ill get one tonight. :nono: Anyways, It shouldnt be a problem running different bulbs.

POSTED BY sierraon22s

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Blue02 said:
Dont ever use red i got busted and given a nice size fine for "impersonating an emergency vehicle" This was in my old blazer it looked awesome kinda like snake eyes i had them like that for months until i ran into the first dickhead cop he also gave ma ticket for no front license plate he also harrassed the girl i was with at the time bc curfew is at 12:00 am for 16 an under and he pulled me over at 11:50 i was like no joke 200 feet from my house. and by the time he did all his bs it was past twelve and he asked her for her id and she was 16 and he took her out put her in the cop car called her mom scared the shit out of her and her mom for no reason and that right there is why i hate the Tomball police department bc everyone i know has a story like this

punctuation is your friend. how about using a period? :imo

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Just change the Middle Blinker bulb to regular WHite. No Hyper white Ricer Crap. It looks clean slightly offwhite, and they all match up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts