GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I did a little bit of researching but didn't really find the answer I'm looking for. I have a black 2007.5 nnbs ecsb sierra. Just put the RC 2.5 on it with 285/70r17 Duratracs. My dad had this truck before I bought it from him and unfortunately never washed or waxed it. It only got washed when I had the time. I've had it for about a month an a half and she gets washed weekly. I hate when shit is all over it, which is kinda hard in ohio. Anyway, with the new, bigger, more aggressive tire I don't want to destroy the lower rockers with rocks. Some guys have said you can line-x under the trim and down. I don't really like the look of that though because then there is no finish. Just curious if any of you guys have had any experience with this and what you did about it? If you have the line-x done pls post it up. I'm open to it if I find something I like.

Thanks in advance!

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
You can get clear rockguard film from 3M and others, or now even spray clear rockguard from Rustoleum as well.
Or there are CRE Rockerflares.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,680 Posts
Line x or comparable will be the most effective against the rock chips. You can clear bra the rockers as well but a rock moving fast enough could still cause damage.

I did raptor liner on my rockers to the body line. It's not the same year as yours but since you don't have a body line it is going to be more noticeable

Sorry the best pic I have on my phone

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
-Shredsled: Do you think it would be wise to get the current chips fixed and touched up before doing that? I don't know much about that film but it seems like I would want to get that paint about perfect before that.

-Graystone: That looks really good! I was wondering the same thing since there is no body line though. I would just have to do it up to the trim piece but not sure how it would look when finished. Do you really like yours? It looks great but whats your opinion?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a couple of pics after I washed it the other day! Let me know what you think

2014-12-3120001952_zpsw1mn5of9.jpg
[/URL]

The Light bar I hard wired in the a few days ago:
20141229_195404_zpsgmewhlqj.jpg
[/URL]

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,680 Posts
I liked it because it cost me $120 to do it. but I have a body line. It would drive me nuts seeing the line on a flat panel

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I seen it on a lot of your model trucks and like it but i just haven't seen that many of the nnbs that are real appealing to me. I was thinking about it a little, and I've never seen this done, but doing it up to the bottom of the trim piece but stopping at front and back edges of the moulding and then going straight down there...interesting idea I just don't want to experiment on my truck haha

--On second thought I think that 3M clear coat is sounding better all the time I just don't know what the about pricing would be.?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
nice looking truck. Yah, with no body line it would look like ass. I'd just do the clear bra, and once it turned yellow or got etched I'd have it done again. Don't know much about the clear bra, can it be done again?

Mr. 960

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
most people drive the trucks around mall parking lots anyhow.......

but seriously you can get colored bedliner material........ problem is its not cheap wanted like 800 to do mine in white just to the body line at the bottom of the door.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
[MENTION=11356]BARBER[/MENTION] should chime in with his truck...

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
I got colormatched Rhino Lining on both of my pickups and is worth every penny. On my 08 they went up six inches or so onto the body and its not all that noticeable.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I've seen some people just do the part from the base of the door and under the truck. Not much and wouldn't protect from them all but it wouldn't be very noticeable on most colors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts