GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've cleared an auxiliary gas tank and fifth wheel hitch out of my bed, and come to find that the piant is scratched to hell. I have to fill a few bolt holes, and I was thinking about getting a diy roll-on bed liner kit to cover everything up instead of having to paint it.

My question is is how hard is it to put on, and is it worth it?

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
Ive been thinking about trying this out myself too. Is the Duplicolor kit better than the Hurculiner?

·
07SilveradoNoob
1,315 Posts
I have no idea, I did the DupliColor b/c it was cheap(and on clearance @ Harbor Freight) and the S10 bed looked horrible already, so if it didn't come out good Im only out $50ish.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
I have no idea, I did the DupliColor b/c it was cheap(and on clearance @ Harbor Freight) and the S10 bed looked horrible already, so if it didn't come out good Im only out $50ish.
gotcha. How long did it take from start to finish on the s10?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
you will never be able to repaint the inside of a truck bed after its been used, you wont beable to get it 100% clean enough for the paint to come out great. hints why alot of trucks that get a different bed after a wreck or a repaint have spray in liners.

ive used the roll on style and it looks nice but doesnt hold up very well, i would save up your money and get a spray in.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
you will never be able to repaint the inside of a truck bed after its been used, you wont beable to get it 100% clean enough for the paint to come out great. hints why alot of trucks that get a different bed after a wreck or a repaint have spray in liners.

ive used the roll on style and it looks nice but doesnt hold up very well, i would save up your money and get a spray in.
Well I plan on putting the rubber matt back in the floor of the truck. I dont put anything real abusive in the bed...i just haul it on a trailer. I think a roll on would hold up enough for what I want. Especially for $75-125. :hmm:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Well I plan on putting the rubber matt back in the floor of the truck. I dont put anything real abusive in the bed...i just haul it on a trailer. I think a roll on would hold up enough for what I want. Especially for $75-125. :hmm:
well if you plan on puttin a bed mat back in it also then hell yea go for it.

here the bed i did in my 59, i only did the sides though...
004-29.jpg

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
well if you plan on puttin a bed mat back in it also then hell yea go for it.

here the bed i did in my 59, i only did the sides though...
004-29.jpg
That looks good.

I think the roll on stuff will be good enough since I am just wanting some protection without my shitty drop in bedliner...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I'm not going to be hauling with it (I have another truck for that), this is just to cover up the shitty looking bed and make it look nice. I'll also be running a tonneau cover when I can get one made.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I was at a car show this weekend at the local auto zone and won of these kits i thinking i will do it i have a drop in one and hate it.

·
07SilveradoNoob
1,315 Posts
I'm not going to be hauling with it (I have another truck for that), this is just to cover up the shitty looking bed and make it look nice. I'll also be running a tonneau cover when I can get one made.
Mine main purpose was for cosmetics, will haul the quad/gear in it this weekend and see how that works out.

looks damn good!
Thanks

that shit peels and shit like crazy. not worth the money. even if its only 50-75 bucks.
Time will tell I guess, but if it does it was still worth it for me. . . I can always redo the process and still look 10x better than the bare scratched/beat up bed thats was before.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts

ok mask off that part and paint the rest

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
I read lots of reviews before lining my bumper. Hurculiner seems to be the way to go. That's what I ended up using as well on the outside. On the inside I used the Dupilcolor....Hurculiner is definitely the way to go.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts