GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
a.k.a. turbodan
Joined
·
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now that i just got rearended (bumb bitch talking on cell phone). I need a new bumper. thats good, now i can get a roll pan. I am getting a sir mikes weld in roll pan. How much did it cost to get painted and put on for some of you? I dont know how much i will be getting from the insurance company but im sure it will be cheaper for me to put a roll pan on it than to get a replacement bumper from GM.
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
I was quoted 200-250 in labor with me supplying the pan. The sir mikes might be more since they have to do a little bodywork around the plate box.
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
I got almost $900 when I was rearended recently .. to replace the bumper is almost $600, and then they took into account that it bumped my quarter panel and might need some bodywork. I need to get off my ass and get my pan, but had been too busy with bagging my front and wheels. Good luck, I hope they treat you fair.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
I would kill for a rollpan, but the threat of a rearend accident is too bad, with no protection back there it would prolly take out the whole rear-end, maybe f*ck the frame up too, and from the looks of this forum, its pretty common. LoL, i do know that if i decide to get one, i will just wait to get rearended so it will be free
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
I would kill for a rollpan, but the threat of a rearend accident is too bad, with no protection back there it would prolly take out the whole rear-end, maybe f*ck the frame up too, and from the looks of this forum, its pretty common. LoL, i do know that if i decide to get one, i will just wait to get rearended so it will be free
The bumper is bolted directly to the frame, so its taking a hit reguardless. Without the bumper you are putting your bodywork at risk, however, most bumpers get pushed into the tailgate and lower quarter panels anyway. So i don't know, i'm happy with my pan and if i get rearended i'm going full out custom with my rear :D
 

·
I'll Take teh Case!
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
I would kill for a rollpan, but the threat of a rearend accident is too bad, with no protection back there it would prolly take out the whole rear-end, maybe f*ck the frame up too, and from the looks of this forum, its pretty common. LoL, i do know that if i decide to get one, i will just wait to get rearended so it will be free
Thats what I've always been worried about...I've seen too many trucks around town with busted quarter panels because the roll pan offered no protection. Other than that I'd get one too...
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
i paid nothing... but it cost the woman that rear ended me 500 bucks. Painted, and installed.
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
The bumper is bolted directly to the frame, so its taking a hit reguardless. Without the bumper you are putting your bodywork at risk, however, most bumpers get pushed into the tailgate and lower quarter panels anyway. So i don't know, i'm happy with my pan and if i get rearended i'm going full out custom with my rear :D
but its a bitch if u tap some one else... before, no noticable body damage... to cracked paint. I did that one over the summer. 200 bucks for my truck, 400 bucks for the guys tail light. damn window tint :pissed:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
i got mine done through gettin rear ended, i feel bad for whoever rearends me next time,my buddy is gonna write up an inflated estimate for me,so i would prob get it all molded shut then
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
02chevy said:
i got mine done through gettin rear ended, i feel bad for whoever rearends me next time,my buddy is gonna write up an inflated estimate for me,so i would prob get it all molded shut then
if i get hit agian, caddy tails :read:
 

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
Joined
·
450 Posts
Gettin hit w/o injuries is the shit. :rocking:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top