GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody got any suggestions on what brand of roll pan to get? If so where can I get and for how much. Thanx Brett

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
IMO Sir Mikes has a cleaner look, not a fan of the CC plate box.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
grounded said:
IMO Sir Mikes has a cleaner look, not a fan of the CC plate box.
:word: i'm not a huge fan of the CC pan... the plate box looks too bubley in my opinion

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
:word: i'm not a huge fan of the CC pan... the plate box looks too bubley in my opinion
:nonono: I disagree, I like the look of the plate box.. i too think it matches the body lines on the NBS. I like the Sir Michaels look but the CC better. :D

Brutus, can you see where this thread is going?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
DemoN said:
and i disagree...i think the CC box matches the lines of the 99+ better :D
That's why Baskin Robins has 31 flavors, everyone likes something diferent.
Sir Mikes and CC are nice, if you like the smoothe drop tag look go with sir mikes if you like the boxed in look go for cc.:D

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
brutus said:
wut about the ones from stylin concepts....are those one's any good?
Don't get a fiberglass or urethane pan :imo
You have a steel bed, so go with steel:read:
Sir Mike's all the way, but the Custom Classic pans are nice too

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
brutus said:
wut about the ones from stylin concepts....are those one's any good?
Don't get urethane, stick to steel ..... maybe this will help you decide which to get.

Sir Mikes - about $179, comes unprimered and not fully welded, must have some bodywork done and primed before painting, most people buy this one though cause they are the #1 pan. Comes with brackets and a light.

Custom Classics - about $109, comes fully primed and since it's stamped no welds, ready to paint. Doesn't come with any brackets (didn't need any though) and the light is $8 more. Looks nice as well, just not the #1 pan.

If price is an issue, get the Custom Classics. If you want to have what most people would consider "the" roll pan and money doesn't matter, get the Sir Mikes.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Slawinitup said:
are those front bumpers anygood from AIM industries i got one for $90 S&H someone told me they didnt fit good ? dont kno
It'll make a nice paperweight :crazy:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Slawinitup said:
are those front bumpers anygood from AIM industries i got one for $90 S&H someone told me they didnt fit good ? dont kno
It's gonna take a ton of work to get it close to fitting.

·
\m/ (-_-) \m/
1,204 Posts
I have a sir mikes on my truck and think it looks great. I had mine put on when I had a bunch of hail damage because I figured it was already in the shop, so why not!?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'm gonna get the Sir Mikes from Stylin Concepts bolt on, for $169, w/license plate box. But it says that it requires a spare tire relocator. I don't even put the tire under there. But will I have still have to take it off?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
brutus said:
I think I'm gonna get the Sir Mikes from Stylin Concepts bolt on, for $169, w/license plate box. But it says that it requires a spare tire relocator. I don't even put the tire under there. But will I have still have to take it off?
If you don't have a tire under there, don't worry about it .. my tire is gone, will be under the bed. You don't want a tire under your truck with a rollpan anyways as people behind you see it and it's not real attractive. Just stick the spare in the bed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts