GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2014 Silvy, Crew Cab, short bed and want to put on a soft, roll up type cover.

So far all of the roll ups have their mounting rails and clamps on the inside of the bed so that it looks like it occupies a portion of the usuable bed space. I know that I will be moving in the next few months and if I want to load up the bed of the truck with a bunch of stuff, i dont want that stuff to hit and damage the cover rails.

Are there any roll up covers that mount to the top of the bed, as in where the stake pockets are located?

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just dont like how the majority of the roll ups have the rails mounted on the inboard side of the bed caps, instead of on top of them.

I dont like folding covers. dont care how easy they are to take on or off, dont want to mess with it.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just ordered a Truxport. Will post pics after I get it and install it.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got it installed today. Will post pictures tomorrow. So far, exactly what I wanted. Looks good. Easy to install, easy to close.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Grab a pic near the stake holes please

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yesterday it was pouring down rain here and on my way home. got home, checked the bed and there was minimal water inside. As in, just a few drops along the side.

all in all, very happy so far with this cover.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
I love my roll up and it mounts the same way and has 3 cross bars to help keep the top nice n tight.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Looks like the Clamps take up just as much room as the ones that mount on the inner bed side.

Looks good!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts