GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Drag Racer!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i get too into this i just want you to all know that im going to pro-street my truck.....ANYWAY, i want to know what all is involved with installing a rollcage into a 73-87 body style truck......and all that fun stuff

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
BadAss83C10 said:
before i get too into this i just want you to all know that im going to pro-street my truck.....ANYWAY, i want to know what all is involved with installing a rollcage into a 73-87 body style truck......and all that fun stuff
Too be of any real use, you will have to run bars out the back of the cab and into the bed. And you should run it through your firewall and connect it to your frame.

tavis-2.jpg

graaf-5.jpg

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
exactly, and make sure you measure twice(or more) otherwise your screwed.

find out whats best for your truck and how fast you want it to go. if you dont want to go to the front of the truck, then atleast replace the back glass for some lexan and run tubes back to your rear frame rails for extra support and less flex. I LOVE cages and welding. look in your area for cage requirements for timeslips. ( i.e. 11.99 and faster atleast a 6 point)

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
also remember to add traingles to the design, triangles = strength.

·
Drag Racer!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
art morrison already makes a 4,6,8,10and 12 point cage for a truck.....i will probably get an 8 or a 10 pt. and go form there

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
BadAss83C10 said:
art morrison already makes a 4,6,8,10and 12 point cage for a truck.....i will probably get an 8 or a 10 pt. and go form there
Why not get a whole new tube chassis while you are at it? :LOL:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Use DOM tubing, nothing less. I know its more expensive but pipe but pipe is for plumbers and poop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts