GMC Truck Forum banner

rollin fenders

1K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  billybob750 
#1 ·
i have an 03 silverado with a 4/6 and i keep takin chunks outta my tires in the rear what would be the easiest way to roll the fender lips

#3 ·
forget cutting slits. Do that and you run the risk of a crack coming up your bed side. Here is what I did. Leave the tire on and jack up the trk to give you enough room to place a wooden bat or rubber mallet (I used a rubber mallet). place the rubber mallet faces on the tire and the other on the inside fender. I slowly lowered the trk while my buddy worked the fender. We just bent a little at a time and worked our way back and fourth until you get enough room for the tires to clear. I rolled mine before I had the rims so I wasn't sure if that would completely clear the tires so I went ahead and used a crescent wrench to bend the fender lip up a little further, again working my way back and forth little by little. I cleaned the fender lip before we rolled them and sprayed some rattle can paint to cover the cracks on the under side/inside of the fender lip. I'm running 22X9.5 with a +35mm offset on 265/35/22's. Oh and the trk is a 03 ext cab with a 4/6 drop.

#11 ·
If you roll instead of cut, no matter how you do it i recommend that you take a razorblade and cut the paint just inside of the edge so the paint doesnt crack to the visible part.

#13 ·
Use a heatgun on the outside, get your paint hot so that it will be maleable.

Take a body hammer and just tap it flush all the way around, take your time and be patient. you could use the bat alternatively, I know on hte cars Ive done Ive gotten away with the body hammer.

#16 ·
I cut a line with a razor blade to keep paint from chipping, then hacked off a 1/4" of the fender lip with a cutting wheel. Then cleaned it up with a grinder, flap disk and finally some sandpaper, primer and duplicolor. You really have to be looking to tell its been hacked up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.