·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you guys do it? mine need to be rolled imo

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
get some tin snips and cut the lips. use something like a baseball bat to wedge in between them and "roll" them up

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you trim them and then use the bat or what? my dads friend said somethin about a baseball bat.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts

just imagine this was your rear fender lip. where each blue mark is, you'd want to cut your original lip. then after cutting 3 to 4 slits in the lip, get a baseball bat and put it between the fenderlip and the top of your tire. just pry with the bat to "roll" the lips under the bed.

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
make it take a long time to do tho,^ if you try to pry to much you will f' it all up, TAKE YOUR TIME this needs to be done nice and easy, as to not end up with a big wavy fender

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright i see how to do it. thanks guys

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
yup

·
Registered
476 Posts
I can't see that tool working all that great. Unless you hace a perfectly round top on the wheel opening and it is parallel to the wheel at every point along the arc.
I took my tire off and used a 2" swuare piece of wood and hit it with a 2lb hammer. Rolled it completley against the inner wheel well and I did not cut slits in it.

LK

·
Asian as fuck!
3,863 Posts
I can't see that tool working all that great. Unless you hace a perfectly round top on the wheel opening and it is parallel to the wheel at every point along the arc.
I took my tire off and used a 2" swuare piece of wood and hit it with a 2lb hammer. Rolled it completley against the inner wheel well and I did not cut slits in it.

LK
well, you don't need the whole wheel well to be rolled, just the part where the tire would make contact with the fender.. and wheel/tires are round, so it would take care of any problem areas.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well there is doing it the right way and doing it the hack way. I have thought about buying the tool and renting it out for a reasonable fee.

The tool is not designed to roll all in one shot so having a round shaped fender is irrelevant. You start off with a very small amount cranked into it and adjust as you go. It also has the ability to not only adjust vertically but change the angle of the roller.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts