GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went with a Custom Classics Fabricated this time, for comparison here was my old Custom Classics Stamped pan.

newpaint2.jpg

paintedrollpan002.jpg

And you can also see my new Smoked LED 3rd brake light.
paintedrollpan003.jpg

paintedrollpan013.jpg

And while we were at it, we rolled over my rear fenderlips and adjusted the panhard some, before my passenger rear tire hit, now theres plenty of room.

rollpan006.jpg

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's pretty close to a Sir Mikes, it needed some work to make it straight. We are going to be putting a Sir Mikes pan on an OBS .. so we will find out how different they are soon.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
the tag box on the sir mikes hangs down like half an inch... thats the difference

by the way.. looks good bill.. when is hte van halen sticker gettin peeled though? haha

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
how hard was it to cut out the old pan?.....

the fabricated one looks much better IMO...not into the look of those stamped ones

·
12 second truck club
1,324 Posts
looks good man! i like that smoked 3rd tail too!

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how hard was it to cut out the old pan?.....

the fabricated one looks much better IMO...not into the look of those stamped ones
It was pretty easy, took off the tailgate, took out the screws and then cut it on both sides with the grinder, we came in from the edges an inch or so, once the pan was outta the way, then we went back and cut the last remaining inch out, pulling the cut metal out of the way as we went.

Rollpan017.jpg

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
It was pretty easy, took off the tailgate, took out the screws and then cut it on both sides with the grinder, we came in from the edges an inch or so, once the pan was outta the way, then we went back and cut the last remaining inch out, pulling the cut metal out of the way as we went.

Rollpan017.jpg
ok cool....i gotta get the driver side of mine cut out and push it up so its even with the tailgate, just curious as too how much work i would be lookin at or if it would really fuck anything up

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
American Racing Maxim's, 20x8.5s, 245/40-20 Hankooks
thanks, i gotta sell my 22s and i think im just gonna go with 20s for a lil while unitl i save up to get some more 22s..........i like those but dunno howd they look on a stepside......

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Looks beautiful bro. Truck flows and looks damn clean. Good job.

I just need to get off my ass and start Welding/Shaving my Sir M's roll pan,weld/shave roof rack holes, shave all handles...Lot's of work at all one time. But I will eventually get it done.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts