GMC Truck Forum banner

Rough Country 3" lift

4K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  ZX10R 
#1 ·
It was bright, cool, february friday, about 10:30 am. I had just logged into my banks web site that provides access to my checking account. There next to the word balance were 4 large numbers before the decimal point, how could this be? My Federal Tax Return! Eight short hours later I was wrenching on my Sierra, having just returned from Dyersburg TN, the home of Rough Country Suspension Systems. Yes it's true,.....my lift was more than half installed, and my Fed Tax return hadn't been in my checking account more than 24 hours!
Well to make a long novel into a mere post online, I love it, and it went on well. I still have some rattleing, but it goes away after the truck warms up? My only real problem was that the hardware came in large bags, all mixed together and hard to tell apart. Spent considerable time sorting parts for each step. This could have been put together better, but I have read similar problems with other kits too.
I removed the stacked rear blocks that the kit provides and went with the 4inch rear block, that I bought from Kevin 2.0(crunk). It gives about an inch of rake, that I prefer.(and no stackage)

My boys @ RC

Stock

Lifted

3 inch rear blocks

4 inch rear block

See less See more
#3 ·
I had no idea that they were in Dyersburg, TN. I used to go there to visit a customer all the time...........right next to where they make the Boss Hoss's.

#4 ·
looks best with the 3" blocks :imo what size tires are those? look like toyo m/ts

now spend a little more of that tax return and go get some colormatching and debadging done :D

#6 ·
looks best with the 3" blocks :imo what size tires are those? look like toyo m/ts

now spend a little more of that tax return and go get some colormatching and debadging done :D
Thanks for the props guys!

Those are 33 x 12.5 x 20 Toyo's.

#7 ·
Looks great. Easy come, easy go. I have a similar story. Woke up Friday morning, looked in my bank account and had 6800 from my beloved Uncle Sam. Two hours later, spent 2200 of it on 18x9 wheels with 35 Toyos. Also made an appointment for April 14th to have 6" lift installed and 4.56 gears..lol. I know how that goes.

#10 ·
Awsome looking nnbs!

#13 ·
Looks great, I can't wait to get my 3" RC kit, but I'm afraid it will be a little while before it goes on. Glad to hear everything went on just fine.

Rankin

#17 ·
Looks great, I can't wait to get my 3" RC kit, but I'm afraid it will be a little while before it goes on. Glad to hear everything went on just fine.

Rankin
If you have the lift,....... at home lying around,......... it will be very hard not to put it on right away........:imo

#18 ·
Hogpwr -

I really like your set up. I have decided to to the same thing to my 08 crew cab 4x4 silverado. How much does that kit run? Do I have to order direct from rough country? Whats the deal with the 4 in block/3 in block? Do they send both of them? Tires rub any whatsoever? I liked the fact that you kept your stock 20's, i plan on doing the same thing.

#22 ·
Hogpwr -

I really like your set up. I have decided to to the same thing to my 08 crew cab 4x4 silverado. How much does that kit run? Do I have to order direct from rough country? Whats the deal with the 4 in block/3 in block? Do they send both of them? Tires rub any whatsoever? I liked the fact that you kept your stock 20's, i plan on doing the same thing.
I want to know, too!!! I pick up truck tomorrow, and it won't make it past 1000 miles before I change it!

#26 ·
Hogpwr -

Thanks, everyone.

The kit is $429 MSRP, but I bet Jon a Southern Truck Performance can beat that.
I don't think you can order direct from RC unless you pick it up at the factory, which is what we did. (Family road trip).
The kit comes with a 1.5" rear block to add to your factory 1.5" block making it a 3" rear lift. I bought Kevin2.0's extra 4" rear block from his kit, he didn't need it because he did a shackle flip.
Tires do rub the new upper control arms at full lock, I stay away from full lock,....lol.:crazy:

The kit is pretty good, I am still tracking down some rattleing, but other than that and the labeling of the nuts and bolts, or lack of labeling, the kit works as advertised. Check out the RC web site it has excellent photos, graphics, and the instructions tell you exactly what your up against.

http://www.roughcountry.com/

Good Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.