GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running the 7.5 rough country with 35 1250 18 trail grapplers and my truck rides rough as hell. Ive got a buddy with a 6in fabtech and his rides like a caddy with the same size and brand tire only in a 20. I am just wondering what the difference is. Both have strut spacers only at different locations. I think the fabtech kit has a block and helper spring in the rear but I thought that would ride rougher. If I cant figure out how to soften up my ride im considering taking the rc off and ordering the fabtech unless you guys got any suggestions. Also dont know if its relevant but the stock bumpstops are still in place and the rc directions said to cut them off. Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Replace the RC shocks with bilstein. Also if your control arms are riding on the bump stops you will have a terrible ride, cut em off or get cognito UCAs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My uca is about a finger width from the bumpstop. Are the cognito arms comparable to the arms that come with the rc 3.5in kit as far as being angled or curved. Also with the additonal travel of a new uca will the suspension "overflex" and start ripping boots or binding cv shafts.

·
Registered
413 Posts
If your not on the bump stops don't worry about the UCAs. Better shocks will be the best bang for your buck, also over inflated tires ride rough, what PSI are you running?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am running 35 psi all the way around. i was told that was as low as i could go without making the tpms go off. i noticed you have the rc 7.5 on your truck. did you cut your bump stops off or are you still running them.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Cut them off. Ride is worse than stock, as to be expected with a budget lift.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do the bilstiens make a big difference and should i replace the stock strut too or just the rear shocks

·
broke,..me, not the truck
156 Posts
I would replace the rear, first, I think they are cheaper. If that has you where you want to be, good. If it is only some better then do the front.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will the bilsteins ride alot smoother than the rc's i mean is it worth the money cuz my shocks now are only like 3 weeks old

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have also tried to find the bilsteins for a 6 inch rear lift and all i can find them for is a 4 inch rear lift

·
broke,..me, not the truck
156 Posts
I had the RC 3.5 lift on my '08 Sierra, it was pretty bad with the RC shocks back there. I put a small lift on a '09 titan, and put Rhino rear shocks on it and it was not that much better, than RC.

I would go with the fine German engineering, that you get with Bilsteins.:ninja:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i cant find the 'steins for a 6 inch rear lift. i can only find them for the 4 inch lift. any ideas?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm running the 7.5" rcx with 35x12.50x20s and bilsteins front and rear and my truck rides better than stock. Especially over bumps. I'm running my tires at 35psi as well, but think that might not be ideal for tread wear. Might need to go a bit lower.

Get the front and rear bilsteins and install those and you will be very happy:imo

·
Registered
51 Posts
i cant find the 'steins for a 6 inch rear lift. i can only find them for the 4 inch lift. any ideas?
Contact Jon at Southern Truck Performance (vendor on here) and I'm sure he'll be able to help you out. He was able to answer ALL of my questions when I was pricing everything out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks man that was the answer i was looking for. just curious did you cut your bumpstops off of your truck or leave them on

1 - 15 of 15 Posts