GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had Line-X since the first month I got my truck. I have had it 6 years ago, and I use the crap out of it! It looks rough from all the gas, oil, Ddirtbikes, 4-wheelers, and trash. It is very faded and ugly it kinda brings me dwon with my nice shiney truck, and when you get close to the line-x it is rough...LOL!

They didn't have Line-X extra back then that is the shiny version. What do you guys do with you old faded and ugly looking Line-X? Do you think they could cover with some Line-X EXTRA to cover it up?

Thanks! I have tried to us some Poor-boys trim restore but i get tired of that running down the side of the truck

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
My line-x has done the same thing its not chipped or anything its just faded. I wonder how much that costs:hmm:

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
when I had my '90 the spray-in was faded so i just masked everything and hit it with a black rattle can, yeah seems ghetto but the truck was old and it covered any blemishes and looked like new

·
1,847 Posts
I'd buy that line-x kit. It has to work since line-x actually designed it and made it

·
Registered
311 Posts
To get your bedliner looking good, you have a couple of options.

1. Clean it with soap and water, scrub it with a stiff brush. Let it dry and then apply an "Armoral" type product. Armoral is too greasy, I suggest 303 Aerospace or Just Once (justonce.com). The color will be partially restored but it will not sparkle like it did when it was new. It will be a huge improvement though. A large bottle of Just Once is $11.95 + shipping. You should apply it two or three times a year.

2. Go to a LINE-X dealer and get LINE-X ReNew. You can't do-it-yourself though, the LINE-X dealer has to do it. ReNew is a patented process which won an award at SEMA last year. The process is: Clean the bedliner with a special cleaner, apply a special adhesion promoter, apply a new LINE-X texture, apply black LINE-X Xtra. Your bedliner will brand spanking new and now with Xtra, it won't fade or lose its gloss like it did without Xtra. You won't have to ever do anything to the bedliner except wash it. Dealers are free to set their own prices, but you're probably looking at around $249.

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
my truck came with a random spray in bed liner that has served me well but has also faded fairly quickly. I just contacted a local linex dealer and they quoted me $200 bucks to re-shoot the bed with their product. I'm just sketchy about how thick it'll be when it's done. :( I'd almost consider trying to get the old "no name" brand liner out before having them spray the new one, though i could only imagine it taking me like a month to completely remove. :rofl2:

·
Registered
311 Posts
my truck came with a random spray in bed liner that has served me well but has also faded fairly quickly. I just contacted a local linex dealer and they quoted me $200 bucks to re-shoot the bed with their product. I'm just sketchy about how thick it'll be when it's done. :( I'd almost consider trying to get the old "no name" brand liner out before having them spray the new one, though i could only imagine it taking me like a month to completely remove. :rofl2:
Your best bet is LINE-X ReNew (which won a SEMA award last year). Your current bedliner will have a new LINE-X texture and will also have LINE-X Xtra. With Xtra, it won't fade or lose it's gloss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts