GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed 2in Rough Country keys and truck rides rough. Only thing I didn't install was the shock extender. Could that be the reason it ride like that?

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,696 Posts
Just installed 2in Rough Country keys and truck rides rough. Only thing I didn't install was the shock extender. Could that be the reason it ride like that?
Well you cranked a spring tighter, your suspension is closer to full droop at ride height and your shocks are most likely maxing out. The ride does not get softer when you crank.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
when you crank, you extend the shocks.. get the extension or new shocks :) n2.0's are actually very good for how cheap they are

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
pics of front suspension angles?

and what everyone else said. either spend the money on shocks and/or upper control arms. or buy a real lift. or deal with it.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Yes.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
where can I get the A arm?
install shock extenders or get new shocks first.. the n2.0 shocks have a decent ride with the keys cranked..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Did you crank the new keys? Mine rides great with my keys and shock extenders. I have ready lift keys cranked just enough so there is about an 1/8 gap between the key and the crossmember. Had it a little higher and I did ride a little stiff but still not bad.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think I crank theme all the way I'll have to get back under there and check. I know there about and 1/8 between the top A arm and the bump stop. Think I'm just order new shocks instead of the extenders.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
bilstein 5100's are $130 a pair at autozone as opposed to much more anywhere else

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,696 Posts
Damn those angles look like shit. No wonder your truck rides like dick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts