GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this beast from the shop today. Going to start a slow install over the next 2-3 days. Should be completed by Sunday (weather pending) and then she's off to the tranny shop to get the new transmission built.

Anyhow, specs are the standard TVS1900 Radix with 90mm Throttle Body plate and (requested) 8-9 psi pulley. I took everything out of the box and checked it out. Definetly alot happier with this setup. Looks like its a factory made piece that belongs under the hood, not all blinged out and polished. Magnacharger does one hell of a job making a completed kit, so props go out to them!

Also ordered up a set of Stainless Works Headers and mating them up to a 3" Offroad Y-Pipe. Going to see how the cat delete sounds with the Corsa Touring muffler. If its decent, I'll keep it, if not, I'll run high flow cats.

Anyhow, here are some pics of the new arrival:

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll take the maintenance package :shake:
it looks badass under the hood (the old MP122HH that I had), but it was just too much for me. Had a great oppertunity and took it.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
I would put a dynomax bullet somewhere in front of that Corsa. I had the touring on mine and it was awesome until i took the cats out, then I hated it. Just my $.02.

The TVS looks good, I think the black will look really good in there, I wasnt a huge fan of all the polished stuff with the 122.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would put a dynomax bullet somewhere in front of that Corsa. I had the touring on mine and it was awesome until i took the cats out, then I hated it. Just my $.02.

The TVS looks good, I think the black will look really good in there, I wasnt a huge fan of all the polished stuff with the 122.
well thanks for the positive thoughts. I never felt 100% with that 122. Kinda out of my league and deserved to be sitting on a bigger motor, not my tiny 5.3. I am extremely pleased with this TVS as far as aesthetics go. Once I get it installed I'll be back to my 100% again and feel much better about the whole situation.

Wish I could hear a sound clip of a cat deleted Corsa Touring w/ headers. Might take your advice and run the bullet in there. Does it drop the raspy tone that much? Is there an advantage to not running cats?

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
well thanks for the positive thoughts. I never felt 100% with that 122. Kinda out of my league and deserved to be sitting on a bigger motor, not my tiny 5.3. I am extremely pleased with this TVS as far as aesthetics go. Once I get it installed I'll be back to my 100% again and feel much better about the whole situation.

Wish I could hear a sound clip of a cat deleted Corsa Touring w/ headers. Might take your advice and run the bullet in there. Does it drop the raspy tone that much? Is there an advantage to not running cats?
Yea I never heard one without cats until mine, but everyone I talked to told me not to do it. lol The rasp was horrible without cats, it sounded like it had glasspacks or something from 2000-2500. And even at other RPMs it was bad. The bullet will really smooth it out. Yea with forced induction you have to worry about melting the cats or plugging them up, I would try to avoid running cats.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
looks sick look forward to more pics

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
like keeping it clean or mechanical? the new one is sick to
keeping her clean. I hate fingerprints and smudges, and with the polished blower it felt like I was constantly wiping it down and paranoid of getting it more and more dirty. Stupid, I know.

With the new black TVS, it just looks so much nicer especially with the all black theme on my truck.

·
//NC FL\\
1,067 Posts
keeping her clean. I hate fingerprints and smudges, and with the polished blower it felt like I was constantly wiping it down and paranoid of getting it more and more dirty. Stupid, I know.

With the new black TVS, it just looks so much nicer especially with the all black theme on my truck.
shit i bet lol i would clean that thing every day.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts