GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What RPM will I be turning on my truck with 4.88 and 31s doing 70? I'm scared to find out :insane:

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
zubyc said:
What RPM will I be turning on my truck with 4.88 and 31s doing 70? I'm scared to find out :insane:
According to my calculations....you will be turning 3838 RPMs going 65 in 3rd gear....so in overdrive at 65 you'll be doing 2686 RPMS....check out this page...Gear Ratio/Tire Size Chart

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Lifted96Chevy said:
According to my calculations....you will be turning 3838 RPMs going 65 in 3rd gear....so in overdrive at 65 you'll be doing 2686 RPMS....check out this page...Gear Ratio/Tire Size Chart

That doesn't sound too bad really. I went from Houston to Iowa pulling a trailer at 70mph all the way, 3rd gear, and I was around 3000 rpm the whole way, didn't have a problem. Gas mileage sucked (10 mpg)...but thats going to be expected with a trailer and those RPMs.

·
Registered
736 Posts
zubyc said:
lol i guess you didn't read my post
Oh i read it all right, i just wanted to tell u what my truck runs with stock gearing and tires for comparison to what Lifted96chevy said. only about 700 rpms more then factory. srry

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my truck used to be stock too...I really need to get my lift done soon because I'm going to be wasting so much gas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts