GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
Cost on the alarm is between 175 and 200...most shops charge around 550-650 for the alarm and installation...

Pat

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got mine installed for $500. the problem is is im not seeing how it is worth that much. sure its got some nice features but when you can bounce all over the truck, get in with the windows down , open the hood and the alarm doesnt do a thing, somewhere in not seeing $500 worth. im still getting to know the alarm. is there any way to set the sensitivity? if so let me know.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yea I have the Viper 791xv and I must have got a poor install too. And the damn thing will just go off for no damn reason in the parking lots and most the time it doesnt actually page me when it is going off. Oh well, still have the remote start and window roll up/down...

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
az03sierra said:
i got mine installed for $500. the problem is is im not seeing how it is worth that much. sure its got some nice features but when you can bounce all over the truck, get in with the windows down , open the hood and the alarm doesnt do a thing, somewhere in not seeing $500 worth. im still getting to know the alarm. is there any way to set the sensitivity? if so let me know.
The installer didn't install a hood switch, your shock sensor is not properly set, the alarm does not have a perimeter sensing unit...that is extra...you can reach into any vehicle without this unit and take whatever you want with the windows down...

To answer your question as to how to adjust the shock sensor sensitivity...it is able to be set..but I'd suggest having the shop that did the install do it...and ask them to install a hood switch to give you some peace of mind, but the only way to open the hood is to get inside the truck...if the alarm is set then it should go off before they can open the hood...unless of course you have your windows rolled all the way down.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
500 bucks for install????? damn!!!

I paid 160 for the LCD pager alarm install in my last car which had all the same features. It had remote start, window roll down, all the sensors, starter kill....

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
I only got a audiovox alarm /start and all the goodies. its a good alarm but my roommate just got me the motion sensors so when the windows are down and somebody sticks there head in or something , it will go off. I didnt know much about the alarm itself but no probs so far. sorry for hijacking

1 - 9 of 9 Posts